BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

two bids in group II

Posted: Oct 16 2009 08:09 AM

In response to my previous ticket (MP5TGS5M1V) John D. (BidSlammer Customer Care) has said "I will research those two snipes and let you know what I find." however I have not heard anything for three days now and the original ticket has been marked 'resolved' when it is not.

I awiit your offer of compensation for the incorrectly bought item. Thank you.

Posted Oct 16 2009 08:09 am by Gu***st

Toby,

Sorry I'm having some problems with this help desk auto closing ticket. When I researched this I found that when we bid on item 160367870950 for you, it came back from eBay reported as lost, so we continued bidding on items in that group.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Oct 16 2009 08:20 am by Gu***st

I have not heard of that before. What does 'lost' mean and who is responsible for the 'report'? Are you saying eBay alone is responsible and I should take it up with them?

Posted Oct 16 2009 10:43 am by Gu***st

Toby,

No I mean the eBay item result page (the one that resulted when we bid) came back and said, "Your bid was not high enough." In fact I can see that myself as you bid exactly the amount which wasn't enough to win (see "minimum bid increment"). A little complicated. But usually this means the customer already had their own bid waiting that they placed on their own.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Oct 16 2009 11:28 am by Gu***st

How come I won and whose is the bug thats needs fixing, yours or eBays?

Posted Oct 17 2009 07:28 am by Gu***st

Toby,

Bid groups work by placing a snipe on the first item, then checking that auction for the winner (that is why we need a time separation). If upon checking the completed auction eBay returns you as the auction winner, all other bids in that group are deleted. If not, a snipe is placed for the next item in the group and the process repeats.

You won the second item because the response returned by eBay on the first item did not indicate you as the winner. That doesn't indicate a bug on our end - I can't speak for eBay.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Oct 17 2009 01:50 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map