Sniping Checklist - Do's and Don'ts
Snipe Smarter and Start Winning More Auctions
Here is a short checklist that will help you circumvent any of the problems
that we may encounter when we try to place your snipes.
For Your eBay Account:
- Ensure that you have a PayPal account in case sellers require it.
- Turn off any PayPal Security Keys or 2-Digit Authorizations. Snipes cannot defeat
- Ensure that your PayPal account is linked to your eBay account. (Some sellers
can block you for this.)
- Ensure that, if you changed your eBay password, you made sure to log into our site once since the change.
- Ensure that you have confirmed your primary PayPal address.
- Ensure that you have a credit card on file with eBay in case sellers require it.
- Ensure that you do not have more than 2 Unpaid Item Strikes in one year.
- Ensure that you have a feedback rating of at least 10.
- Ensure that you use a strong password to avoid triggering the eBay random security check.
- Ensure that you are not using a PO BOX for delivery.
For Each Snipe:
- You accounted for the minimum bid increment.
- You bid high enough to beat any proxy bids that may be
- You did not get blocked by the seller by asking obvious or silly questions, and were not argumentative.
- Item does not have a reserve price.
- Item is not a Buy-it-Now where you bid too high; overbids on BIN's are rejected by eBay.
- The seller allows more than one purchse per buyer (if you bought from them previously).
- The seller ships to your country.
- The seller did not end the item early.
- The listing is not an Immediate Payment listing.
- The listing does not have country-based export regulations.
- The seller ships to PO Boxes (if you are using one).
- The listing is not private auction (blocked to general public).